NARA selected Softek to:
- Leverage existing system capabilities and technologies found in the ERA Base, and
- Re-factor, adapt, modify, and enhance them to easily integrate with the ERA 2.0.
Softek used our Agile methodology to design, develop, test, and implement the following solution components for NARA:
- Designed and developed Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) services to migrate old records to ERA 2.0’s Digital Object Repository.
- Added and external API to the ingest process to directly obtain and import available data.
- Created and automated architecture with AWS S3, AWS Lambda, AWS Beanstalk, and AWS Glue to provide front and back end reporting for migration.
- Configured AWS OpsHub to prep data for transmission to AWS Snowball to provide security and validation.
- Configured AWS Systems to perform ETL activities to monitor and address any issues.
- Created a Description and Authority Service Application Programming Interface (DAS API) to enable bulk verification and validation.